Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Leslie's Magazine Republished!

     When I was a little girl, back in the 20th Century, I was excited to find covers of an ancient publication called "Leslie's Magazine."  It was something of a fashion magazine for bonnets and extra-long shoelaces and bloomers for the women of the 1900's.  (Note:  I have done zero  research here and may be off by 5 or 150 years).  Anyway, as a lonely little Leslie in a world of Lindas and Peggys, I yearned to know there were other Leslies in the world.  Not too many of them, because I didn't want to be commonplace like those Lindas and Peggys, but just a few select and elegant Leslies.  Therefore "Leslie's Magazine" meant a lot to me.  To repay the favor, I have named my humble blog after the magazine.  It will be a large disappointment to anyone who is familiar with the original publication.

     In my opinion, a blog is  a narcissistic little effluvium of words in the huge river of words which is the internet. In fact, that is how I imagine it, a floating log with my words clinging to it like so many termites as it is pushed toward the ocean.  It is not a particularly ambitious image.


Note:  I did a little research and there was a Leslie's Magazine which contained information of substance about WWI and was published 1900-1920ish.  But this is not the magazine I am thinking of.

No comments:

Post a Comment